Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our almost-4-year-old

Have I said lately how much I love this age? Here are some reasons why:

1. Cream corn = "soup corn"

2. Egg nog = "egg bake" (I think we have this straight now, but only after a very frustrating conversation between Ian and Daddy.)

3. Apparently one of his preschool classmates keeps hugging him. He told me at lunch the other day that he didn't want him to hug him. When I asked why not, he said, "Because I don't know his address or phone number!"

4. Ian is absolutely loving to read The Night Before Christmas. On Friday morning, I heard him reading it in his bed before he even let me know he was awake. I went in and sat with him on his bed. After he finished the story he said, "Mommy, let's snug. You snug on that side," pointing next to him on his bed, "And I'll snug on this side." He covered us up with his blanket while I tried to soak in the moment!

5. Ian has really been enjoying drawing and writing lately. He has begun to draw things that are recognizable, but may still need some explanation. Here is a nativity scene he drew earlier this week. See if you can find these things: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, a pig, two monkeys, a cow, a leaf and a star.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I hope you save this picture of the nativity... for a long, long time! :)

Ellen Davis said...

Oh, Ian, you are such an adorable kid. What lucky parents you have!

Stephanie, RN BSN (to be!) said...

That would have been one amazing manger scene...monkeys and a pig.

Miss you all!