Monday, March 31, 2008

Ian says the darndest things...

Cute things he says that I don't want to forget...

1. "Mommy, can I sit in your lap and cover up with you so that we can be compy, cozy together?" YES!

2. Since I've been sitting in the chair a LOT over the last 8 weeks or so (feeling overall very yucky from the pregnancy), Ian will periodically come over and lay his head on me and say, "Mommy, I'm gonna take care of you forever." So sweet. One time recently, I told him that someday he would get married and be a daddy, and he would have other people to take care of. His response: "Yeah, and Daddy will be an Ian someday!" Interesting logic...

3. We give Ian lots of 2-minute warnings... in 2 minutes, it will be time for dinner. In 2 minutes, we're going to get in the car and go, and so on. We find it works well to avoid combat. Today, after one of my warnings, he said, "Okay, Mommy, Okaaaaaay. Calm. Down." We had to hide our faces to exchange a look and laugh.

More to follow, I'm sure!

No comments: