Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Little Picasso

Ian is beginning to move beyond drawing just scribbles to attempting actual objects. I did call him "Picasso" for a reason... he has a very abstract approach, and most "objects" need some explanation. He is also getting pretty good at writing his name (it's definitely nice to just have three letters)!

I wanted to record his narration of one of today's drawings. Unfortunately, I can't show the picture here because it was drawn on a page of my appointment calendar! Regardless, I think it's worth recording...

Here's our house
Here's the front door
Here's a bat on top of the house (as in the flying mammal, not baseball - I clarified)
There's a cameleon walking by
There's Jesus
There's a cloud
There's the ground and sky
And now there's the whole world!
What do you think of that, Mommy?

Pretty impressive, bud! That's a lot to fit into one picture, and I love it!!!

No comments: