Saturday, August 9, 2008

Change in plans... again!

Well, I'm here another night. :(

They stopped my IV antibiotics as of noon today, and want to watch me for 24 hours to make sure I don't develop a fever. They are worried that the infection might have just been suppressed by the medicine, but not eliminated.

Daddy, Ian and especially I want so badly for me to be home and healthy! Please, please, please pray for this infection to not rear it's ugly head!!!

Our little boys continue to do very well. Daddy spoke briefly with a neonatalogist today. Their feeding tubes are gone, so our goals for them are now consistent weight gain and body temperature control. The temperature control is strictly a maturity issue, and they are very close to accomplishing this. They are both eating well, so this just needs to continue. So far, I'm able to keep up, and it's nice to know that I am still able to help them out even if I'm spending most of my days in a hospital room! The doctor mentioned they COULD come home as early as THIS WEEK! (Another reason to pray for health for ALL of us!)

1 comment:

Parker's Mamaw said...

Dan, Marj, & Ian: Just returned from vacation. Had been trying to contact Dan regarding your progress. I see now why I was unable to reach him. Congratulations on your additions to the family. They are absolutely beautiful. Chuck and I both have all of you in our prayers. Thank you for the blog and keeping us all up to date on your progress. I am so very happy for you. ~ Vickie