Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm going home...

...back to the place where I belong!

The doctors have released me, asking me to be on the lookout for signs of infection. PLEASE continue to pray that this is OVER, and nothing more will need to be done! Our little boys are doing so well, and I want to be healthy when they are ready to come home!

It will be so nice to see my house after 17 days away, to sleep in my own bed, and to be with my family in our space! Thanks especially to my mom and dad who have helped with all of the day-to-day logistics of caring for Ian (eating, sleeping or napping, and where and when... more complicated than you might realize!). Teachers start back to school bright and early tomorrow morning, so I'm arriving home just in time for Daddy to head back to work! Once the little boys come home, he will take some time off for us to get adjusted.

Again please continue to pray for physical healing for me, Garrett and Brennan. Next blog entry will be from home! Hooray!

(You know you've been in the hospital a long time when the nurse hugs you goodbye, tells you her work schedule, and wants me to stop by and visit as I come to visit the babies!)

5 comments:

Parker's Mamaw said...

So glad you are heading home. We have all of you on our prayer list at church. Lots of people have you in their thoughts and prayers. God is good, God is great.

Ellen Davis said...

That's great! Wow, I can't believe it's been 17 days since this all started. Enjoy the comfort of home and keep us posted on when everyone will be together under one roof!

Denise said...

Welcome home, Marj. Welcome home! (said in the Ty Pennington Extreme Home Makeover voice) We will be praying for no more infection and also for the boys. Please call if we can do anything to help!!

Anonymous said...

Won't you miss those amazing ice chips they make at the hospital?

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home (i can't compete with Denise-she's too funny!)! Ian looks like a pro at the big brother thing...pretty soon he'll be on diaper duty! And lastly- oh how i love hospital ice!! seriously, so happy all is going well for your beautiful family- God is SO good!